I read this article on the 11 things every Type A person wants you to know. I consider myself Type A, so here goes:
- We’re not impatient, just efficient. I completely agree. Although, A swears he is going to make me more patient the longer we are together.
- Arriving late to anything is agonizing. Um. OMG, yes. A and I have had many discussions about this. Even one last night!
- We live by to-do lists. I have about 12 to-do lists written down and another 12 in my head!
- Each task we’re assigned is urgent. Wasting time is our ultimate enemy.
- We’re extremely goal-oriented. Ya think? PhD? Marathon training? Dog sports? New Years Resolutions?
- It’s hard for us to relax. I don’t sit on my sofa. My pups go ecstatic when someone sits on the sofa because I never do and it didn’t occur to me to teach them to respect the space of others when others sit on the sofa. Oops.
- We get stressed out easily. A can definitely vouch for this one.
- We have nervous habits. I play with my hair or my badge at work.
- We’re emotional. The reason we behave the way that we do is because we care (some could even argue that we care just a little too much). Researchers suggest that Type A people are highly conscientious — so while it may seem like we’re uptight when we’re organizing our friend’s birthday party, it’s really just because we want it to be spectacular.
- We’re constantly ruminating over something. Conversations, marathons, work presentations, you name it.
- We have a competitive side. Yup.
Food for Thought: Pancake versus waffle. Opt for the pancake. It has slightly more protein than an equal size waffle.
Fun Fact: How little body fat can we live with? At 12% body fat, a woman usually stops menstruating which is not a good sign. Men start to have serious health problems at 6% body fat.
Quote of the Day:
“Obsessed is what the lazy call the dedicated.” -Anonymous