According to Phillippa Lally, a health psychology researcher at University College London, it can take anywhere between 18 and 254 days for people to form a new habit. However, on average, it will take 66 days for the new habit to become automatic. It depends on the person, the habit, and the circumstance. Since forming a new habit probably takes longer than people would want, try to change how you look at it.
Some more Yosemite pictures. So, we stayed in Curry Village while at Yosemite. A is slowly breaking me into camping. I’m a work in progress. After my trip to Madagascar I have been a little anti-camping. But I’m slowly coming around.
As we were going to sleep that night, a man in an Australian accent called to the tent behind us, “Tent 409! Tent 409! There are raccoons getting into your bear box!” The next thing you know there is a bunch of commotion going on outside as the family comes out of their tent. And you hear a child crying, “Mom! They are eating my Ritz crackers! That was my snack! How could you forget to lock the bear box?!” Oops. (We left all of our food in the trunk of our rental car!)
Quote of the Day:
“It’s not whether you get knocked down. It’s whether you get up.” -Vince Lombardi
We weren’t a huge fan of this recipe. I didn’t realize A wasn’t a fan of zucchini. But now I know! And I just didn’t like it all that much.
Italian Chicken-Zucchini Skillet
- 1 cup orzo pasta, uncooked
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 package (16 ounce) frozen bell pepper and onion strips
- 2 cups sliced zucchini
- 1 can (14.5 oz) Hunt’s Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic and Oregano, drained
- 1 can (8 oz) Hunt’s Tomato Sauce with Basil, Garlic and Oregano
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt.
- Spray large nonstick skillet with PAM cooking spray; cook chicken 6 minutes over medium heat or until no longer pink.
- Add vegetables and tomato sauce; increase heat, cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook 10 minutes or until zucchini is tender.
- Serve chicken mixture over orzo. Sprinkle with cheese
Courtesy of Taste of Home