So, Shawn and I try to run outside 3-4 times a week. Most frequently (as in 99% of the time) we run around Shelley Lake. At 7am. We tend to be creatures of habit. (This morning we ran on treadmills at the gym because it was cold and rainy. We are hardcore but not that hardcore.)
However, we have come to realize that there are many other creatures of habit as well. We refer to them as our regulars. There is an older gentleman with an accent who walks with his very well-behaved dog off-leash nearly every morning. Sometimes with a friend or two.
There is the man in the white Clemson hoodie.
There is an older woman who is always bundled up like it is -20* and looks miserable, but she is out there!
There is a tall thin woman who walks the flats and runs up the hills, and her outfits are always cute–a lot of pink.
There is a heavier set woman who is always truckin’ along with her headphones in and always says hello even when she is extremely out of breath.
And then there is cologne man. We actually wish he wasn’t a regular. He walks the opposite direction around the lake than what we run, so we have to pass him on 3 or 4 occasions each morning, and he REEKS of cologne. REEKS. As in we hold our breath and cover our mouths for at least a tenth of a mile after passing him. And even after that we can still smell and taste the cologne.
I mean come on. Who puts on cologne before exercising? You are expected to smell like sweat when you exercise. Well, he isn’t the only one. There is a young girl who often smells of perfume when she decides to run in the morning, but hers isn’t nearly as bad. Cologne man just makes you nauseated.
Anyway, we like our regulars. We just wish they wouldn’t douse themselves in cologne before exercising at 7am in the morning.
And how about that time I packed two different running shoes going to the gym in the morning. Yeah, that happened. Good thing they were the same shoe in different colors.
Quote of the Day:
“You are wired for struggle. But you are worthy of love and belonging.” -Brene Brown
So when we had the flyball seminar the other weekend, the other dessert I made was this Cookie Dough Chocolate Bark. It was definitely a hit. And easy peasy to make! (And don’t worry, the cookie dough was eggless!)
Cookie Dough Chocolate Bark
Eggless Cookie Dough:
– 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
– 1/2 cup granulated sugar
– 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
– 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
– 1 cup all-purpose flour
– 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup mini chocolate chips
– 12 ounces chocolate melts
– 1 cup Mini M&Ms
- Place softened butter into a medium mixing bowl. Cream sugars until well combined. Add vanilla stirring well. Stir in flour, salt and chocolate chips until dough forms. Cover tightly with plastic wrap or lid until ready to use. Best if NOT refrigerated.
- Line a 9×11 inch baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place chocolate melts into a large heat proof bowl and microwave according to package directions. Stir until creamy and smooth. Transfer to prepared baking sheet. Take small pieces of prepared cookie dough and gently press into melted chocolate. Sprinkle mini M and M’s over melted chocolate. Let set and harden for at least 30 minutes then cut or break into pieces. Serve room temperature.
Courtesy of Picky Palate