So, we walked A LOT in Italy. A LOT A LOT. My counts for the Italy trip:
– Friday, September 5: 14,506 steps and 5.59 miles
– Saturday, September 6: 26,262 steps and 11.49 miles
– Sunday, September 7: 44,471 steps and 18.81 miles
– Monday, September 8: 15,022 steps and 6.53 miles
– Tuesday, September 9: 24,027 steps and 9.26 miles
– Wednesday, September 10: 22,650 steps and 8.83 miles
– Thursday, September 11: 22,386 steps and 8.73 miles
– Friday, September 12: 30,887 steps and 13.54 miles
That is a grand total of 67 miles in 8 days including 286 flights of stairs! Holy guacamole! Take me back!
And here are the last of the Cinque Terre pictures! Only Florence left!
Quote of the Day:
“Running is not who I am; it’s something I do; it’s something I love.” -Lauren Fleshman
So, I love this pasta! Simple but delicious! Definitely give it a whirl!
Apple and Sausage Fusilli
In a skillet, heat EVOO over medium-high. Add sweet Italian sausage and cook until browned, about 5 minutes. Add chopped crisp, sweet apples and sliced garlic; cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in a splash of white wine vinegar and drizzle with EVOO. Toss with cooked pasta; sprinkle with Parmesan.