You think us marathoners run a lot, eh? Some of the top players in the 2014 FIFA World Cup covered more than 50 miles during the tournament. That’s crazy!
The long distances covered throughout the course of a game combined with sudden bursts of speed and constant cutting makes soccer an effective cross-training exercise for runners. Soccer incorporates endurance and interval training while improving agility.
According to the official FIFA website, USA’s Michael Bradley and Chile’s Marcelo Diaz ran more than 8 miles per game. Belgium’s Kevin De Bruyne, Argentina’s Marcos Rojo and Costa Rica’s Celso Borges weren’t far behind averaging 7.5-7.8 miles per game. All five players, along with several others, ran more than a 10K race in each game they played!
Over the course of seven games, players from World Cup champions Germany and runners-up Argentina ran nearly two marathons. Germany’s Thomas Mueller led the field, covering about 52.2 miles throughout the tournament.
And I am worried about my 9-miler tomorrow? Pssshhhh…that’s nothing compared to this!
Quote of the Day:
“If we want to find a happy marriage, we need to think small—we need to look at marriage up close and see that it’s built not out of anything poetic, but out of 20,000 mundane Wednesdays.” -Tim Urban
These cookies weren’t my favorite. They weren’t as soft as I like my cookies to be. Although, Callie seemed to like them since she ate 8 of them! She snagged them from the counter in the middle of the night while they were cooling! Talk about a full stomach! That child is constantly into mischief. 🙂 But she really had fun on our outing to the vet today! She loves our new vet! As does Envy!
But now for the cookie recipe!
Chocolate Chip M&M Cookies
- 2 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups M&M’s
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Sift together flour, baking soda and salt with a wire whisk and set aside.
- In a mixer, cream butter and sugars together for about two minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
- On low, add flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Stir in M&M’s and chocolate chips.
- Chill dough for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350* and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop chilled dough with a 2-inch scoop and place 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 16 minutes or until lightly brown. If using a smaller scoop, then bake for about 12-14 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool and repeat with remaining cookie dough.
Courtesy of Bakerella