It’s time to what!? Get dirty!!!
That’s right! I signed up for the Dirty Girl Mud Run in Virginia that is coming up at the end of April! We have a great team that is ready to get some dirt on our hands! Well, let’s face it–get dirt EVERYWHERE.
Being the dog lovers that we are, our team name is the Muddy Puppies. Perfect, right? And we even got the dry fit t-shirts made so that we are matching on race day! How cute are they??
ANDDDDDD we got these hot pink”BAD ASS” socks. Fantastic, right?? We are going to look stellar!
We have been super stoked about this race for months! And it is finally right around the corner! I can’t wait! What a fun way to catch up with friends! You know you can’t wait to see pictures! And you definitely want to get in on this next time!
And the weather has been pretty nice here lately, well, except for all the rain this weekend. And the SNOW today–really!? But the pups have gotten to spend some time outdoors! It’s time to get them in shape so that Callie can start running with me more!
Food for Thought: Dark Chocolate. If you’re overweight, exercise can dangerously raise blood pressure–but cocoa flavanols may help. In one study, overweight subjects drank a high- or low-flavanol cocoa drink, then cycled. The high-flavanol group had more improved bloodflow and lower blood pressure mid- and post-exercise than the other group. An ounce and a half of dark chocolate a day may provide heart benefits.
Quote of the Day:
“Life is always either a tightrope or a feather bed. Give me the tightrope.” -Edith Wharton
Because I don’t have a child in school, I had absolutely no idea that Spring Break was this week (or that it went through April 21st). That means I baked these cookies for my GOTR girls, and we don’t have our next three practices. I guess that means my office will be enjoying some cookies tomorrow. Although, I will say that I made a second M&M cookie recipe this weekend, and I like those better because they are softer and chewier than these. Just my opinion. But A&M got a pre-taste and they gave them high marks, so they must be pretty darn good.
Giant M&M Cookies
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, cold and cubed (1 cup)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate m&m’s
- Preheat oven to 375*. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In bowl of electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugars until well blended and fluffy, about 4-5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, mix in vanilla and beat until well incorporated.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Gradually add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Add in the chocolate chips and M&M’s.
- Use a medium cookie scoop to scoop two mounds of dough per cookie (3 tablespoons total) and roll dough into balls.
- Place each dough ball onto the prepared baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 14-18 minutes or until very lightly browned, taking care not to overbake.
- Allow cookies to cool on pan for 5 minutes before removing them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Courtesy of My Baking Addiction