So, I was not as good about taking all of the December Photo a Day pictures as I had hoped. But I still got quite a few! Here we go!
And yesterday my baby turned 7 months old! Can you believe it!? I certainly can’t! And I can’t imagine my life without her! Here are some 7 month old pictures I took! She is taller than Callie now at 19.25 inches and weighs 24.8 pounds! She is a skinny one!
Quote of the Day:
“Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you.” -Princess Diana
Many moons ago Cheryl gave me this recipe. As in probably 3 years ago? After she made it for a flyball function. And being the bad friend that I am, I am just now getting around to making it! And I was missing out because it is delish! It is a great side dish for any get together!
Broccoli Salad Supreme
– 8 cups fresh broccoli florets, chopped
– 1/3 cup raisins
– 2/3 cups bacon bits
– 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
– 1/4 cup egg beaters
– 2 tablespoons vinegar
– 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
– 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
– Dash black pepper
1. Using a strainer, blanch broccoli in boiling water for a couple of minutes. Then, dunk in cold water. Remove excess water.
2. Toss broccoli, raisins, onion, and bacon together in a large bowl.
3. Make dressing by combining cream cheese, egg, vinegar, oil, mustard, salt, garlic, and pepper. Pour over salad and toss.
4. Cover and chill for at least 3 hours.
Courtesy of Cheryl