Yesterday, I went on a fantastic ride with Kim. We went to Sauk Prairie and back. 45.7 miles. Of course we stopped at a delicious restaurant for lunch at our halfway point. I had this prosciutto, tomato, mozzarella, basil pesto and balsamic vinaigrette sandwich. Yum. And of course I left room for peach gelato for dessert. That was a no brainer.
The riding conditions, on the other hand, were a little extreme. The correct terminology would be “Wizard of Oz-esque”. Do you recognize the quote that is the title of this blog post? It was said by the Cowardly Lion.
I wish we would have taken a photo, but we literally did not stop except for lunch! Go us! The clouds were dark and threatening rain the entire ride. The wind was insane. Let me tell you–that corn that we rode by was swaying like crazy! We swore that any minute one of those farm houses was going to blow away! And after lunch, I think we both wished we could have tapped our bike cleats and found ourselves back home. But it was a great ride nonetheless, hills and all!
However, this morning my back is killing me! I must have slacked off on my form during the ride because my back has never felt like this after riding before. I am incredibly sore. I only hope it gets better tomorrow. That will teach me to get lazy on my bike.
After the ride, Callie and I had Flyball practice where I finally got my team shirts! And, yes, one is hot pink. That’s how I roll. And Callie did AWESOME at practice! We even got Jill (the dog) passing into her with one foot passes! She made Mom soo proud! (Even if I have to call her in the highest pitched voice possible–Allison swears it works, and I think she is right!)
One week from today I get to pick up my sweet Envy!! I cannot wait! Callie and I are so excited! Here are some pictures to increase your excitement level, too! Isn’t she pretty??
Quote from Adulting:
“Because someone has brought you into the world, or is related to you by blood, that does not entitle them to mistreat you, or fail to operate under the standard that you want people in your life to live by.”
So, one of the pizzas I made with that Pizza Dough recipe I posted over the weekend was this Mozzarella, Tomato and Basil pizza. I know it’s a crazy shape. Baker error. But it tastes delish! You know you want to be my next door neighbor so you can just invite yourself over for dinner or for dessert whenever you want. Admit it.
Mozzarella, Tomato and Basil Pizza
– Pizza dough
– 1 cup fresh basil leaves
– 6 garlic cloves
– 3 tbsp EVOO, divided
– 4 ounces mozzarella
– 2 tomatoes, cut into 1/4 inch thick slices (I used these cute yellow baby tomatoes, too!)
– 1/4 tsp black pepper
– 1/2 tsp salt
– Place a pizza stone or heavy baking sheet in the oven. Preheat to 500* (keep stone in the oven as it preheats).
– Let dough stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
– Place basil, garlic, and 2 tbsp EVOO in a food processor; pulse 3 times to form a paste. Add remaining 1 tbsp EVOO; pulse until smooth.
– Roll dough into a 14-inch circle on a floured surface. Carefully remove pizza stone from oven.
– Spread 2 1/2 tbsp basil mixture over dough. Top evenly with cheese, tomatoes and pepper.
– Bake at 500* for 12 minutes or until crust is browned and crisp. Top with more basil mixture if desired.
Adapted from Cooking Light